Thursday, August 28, 2014

Worry and Perspective

In Mathew’s account of the Gospel, Jesus says, “And can any of you by worrying add a single hour to your span of life?” (Mt. 6:27) 
There is a lot to worry and fret over, yet Jesus calls us to consider the lilies of the field. 
I came across a website, “Here is Today” and it puts things in perspective. All the stress and worry that I have matters to me and believe it matters to God and others in my life. But in the grand scale of life, is what I’m upset about really worth the extra energy? (A good reminder as emotions are about to be at an all time high this weekend with College Football starting back up the eminent birth of our daughter.)
Jesus goes onto say, “So do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will bring worries of its own. Today’s trouble is enough for today.” (Mt. 6:34)

No comments: