Wednesday, May 22, 2013

Singing Stories of Faith

I have always been a music fan. I attach myself to the words because the words tell a story. Couple that with the experience of listening to music, wanting to play it, (wanting to write it), wanting to perform it, I have put together a lesson based upon some of my favorite songs.

These are not just my favorite songs, but they tell a story. The hold a sense of truth. They tell our story.

The recording is crude. There are several tuning and singing mistakes. Hopefully, however, the message is helpful in thinking through the ways in which our faith and the language of our faith tells a story out in the world. The link to the file to download is below. Many thank to Eric Johnson who backed me up on guitars and vocals. He is a better musician than I am.


No comments: